Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What is Tellagami?

What is Tellagami?


While thinking about what digital representation I would like to create for myself, I noticed that all of the selections that I have heard of or have previous knowledge of were already chosen by other classmates. In a desperate search, I glanced at #6 and was instantly intrigued when I had read that it was a free app that can be downloaded right into your iPhone. How cool is that? 

Anyway, let me just briefly explain what Tellagami is and how it works. After downloading Tellagami from the app store, you can instantly jump right into making your short video creations. Using the icons (shown in the image to the right), you will be able to follow four simple steps to creating your Gami. First, you must customize your character, then you must pick a specific emotion for your character. Then you can pick a background, record your voice or insert a text, and you are done. All that is left is just to share. I would recommend using this app in an Elementary classroom because it is very simple and easy to figure out. The icons are self explanatory and this app is not complex what so ever. I also think the graphics are great in quality considering this is a free 3-D app. The only negative side that I would find in this app is that the time for recording is limited to only 30 seconds and you would have to purchase the full app in order to have an extension of 60 seconds. It wouldn't be enough time for a whole lesson, but it would be a resourceful tool for a Morning message or for opening a lesson with a motivational question to activate prior knowledge. 

This app was perfect to use for creating a "Digital Me." I appreciated every minute of working with this app. It's something that I will share with future students. I will gladly sufficiently apply this type of app into my future teaching strategies.  

Click the link to take a look at my Gami





3 comments:

  1. Dear Kim,
    This was an awesome introduction for your presentation. I looked at how you implemented this tool for your about me section. The one thing I found interesting was how you added pictures of your interests in the background of this presentation. While reading this blog, I discovered that there were some challenges that were faced during this presentation. How did you manage to work through it? Did you have to cut out certain things you wanted to say? Also would you use this in a classroom setting with your students. I look forward to hearing all your responses :)
    Sincerely,
    Erin Correa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I loved working with this handy tool. The man challenge that I faced was the inconvenient time limit on vocal recordings. There wasn't really anything that I could do to get around that, but talk less or talk faster. I had to pace myself and I specifically talked about just the pictures that I used in the background to help me to do that. I would consider using this took in a classroom setting, but probably only for a brief introduction to a lesson to get the students engaged or for a morning message type of thing. I wouldn't consider using this tool for a whole informational lesson. Thank you again for your feedback. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tellagami reminds me somewhat of a Voki. I think with this technological age, students are familiar with technology and would be interested in using tellagami in the classroom. I like that the icons are easy to understand and use. I agree that it would be great if you could use it for longer than 60 seconds. I think it would be cool to incorporate it into a lesson plan. It would definitely have students engaged!

    ReplyDelete